Sunday, May 5, 2013

Steven's Centers Video

Steven is a 4 year old in my P.P.C.D class who loves working at the table and playing in centers. When I started to work with him on this project I was unsure how this would turn out, but looking at the finished product and seeing how excited Steven was when he heard his own voice on the computer I can say it was a rewarding experience. I did have to help quite a bit with the computer aspects but Steven was a very willing student and was still very involved in the process.
I think that besides hearing himself in the recordings Steven's favorite part was creating "Steven's Blog" and picking the background. Everyday he came into class he would tell me, "computer, computer!" Even though I could not get very high tech with this project I am happy that we created something that Steven was proud of.

1 comment:

  1. First off I love, love his little pictures of the centers.
    This is a great idea for students who need to practice their requesting skills. I could also see this being used by students who do not have the vocal communication ability and instead can communicate their desires simply by using this presentation and selecting their choices.

    I also just adore the background to his blog! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete