Sunday, February 24, 2013

How can I use blogs in my classroom??

While looking through the Warlick website I saw some interesting posts, but wasn't convinced about using blogs in the classroom until I saw the video about .99 repeating equals 1. this video was really neat and the author did a great job. The video is her drawing and writing with different color sharpies while explaining the reasons that .99 repeating equals 1. the drawings are set up to go faster than normal because she wouldn't be able to go that fast in real time, but she speaks clearly and is easy to understand. The concept is something I had never considered but the way she put it, it made sense. It also gave me an idea about how to use blogs in the classroom.

I am a special education major, so depending on the age group I teach I may just use the blog as a way to let parents know what is going on in the classroom at all times in case their child is sick or they just want to stay informed. 

Speaking from a teacher in a general education classroom, I could use it as a way to upload videos of concepts that students need more instruction on. After assessments, if there are some students that need just a little extra practice and guidance I can just upload a video like the one in the link of me reteaching a concept. Our time in the classrooms is so valuable that I won't be able to take the time and reteach every lesson that a student needs, so this can be a helpful tool that they can use at home or at school during a time like centers.  

1 comment:

  1. Using your blog to provide students with an added practice (which most of our students in Special Education will need) is such a great idea. It would be great for them to have resources to practice that are not pen and paper. Plus I know my students get so excited to use interactive games, that "added practice" won't even seem like homework!

    ReplyDelete